Confirmed COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations continue to spike even with the Stay Home order that was effective early last week. Judge Hidalgo has extended her executive order requiring all customers and employees to wear masks when entering and working in any business in Harris County. There are only a few exceptions to when masks need to be worn. This order is now effective until further notice is given by local city officials.
What this means for us is that we need to continue to diligently comply and do our part to slow the spread of the virus. Please wear a mask when visiting the store and practice Social Distancing by keeping 6 feet from employees as much as possible. Use hand sanitizer which is provided at the sales counter upon entering and when exiting the store.
We are constantly cleaning and disinfecting all touchable surfaces in the store to keep you and our employees safe and healthy.
There are only a few exceptions for not wearing face coverings during this period. Face coverings do not need to be worn in the following circumstances:
• When exercising outside or engaging in physical activity outside;
• While driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
• When doing so poses a greater mental or physical health, safety, or security risk;
• While pumping gas or operating outdoor equipment;
• While in a building or activity that requires security surveillance or screening, for example, banks; or
• When consuming food or drink.
I know that wearing a mask may be a minor inconvenience, but it is the least we can do to help support the health of all while the virus is active. Thank you for your cooperation and for continuing to support local businesses like Paleo Pet Goods!
Christine, Morgan and Nathan